Right at Home is a world leader in the in-home care industry operating in eight countries around the world. With more than 520 locations around the world, Right at Home is one of the largest home care franchise networks in the world, making a
positive difference in the lives of over 19,000 people each and every day.
Right at Home provides a range of services to Older Australians, people living with a disability and people recovering from a stay in hospital. These services range from companionship, socialisation, personal care and skilled nursing services.
If you have a passion for building a business that serves others, and you want to affiliate yourself with an established international industry leader, we encourage you to keep reading to learn more about how Right at Home may be right for you.
A Lucrative Market and a Winning Franchise Model.
The Australian population is ageing as a result of increasing life expectancy and sustained low fertility following the post-war baby boom. Here are the most important statistics regarding the care industry in Australia:
- 3.5m persons over 65 in Australia or +- 14% of total population.
- By 2056 25% of the population will be over 65.
- There are 344,100 people aged over 85 in Australia making up 1.6% of the population. This group is projected to grow rapidly to 7.3% by 2056.
- 85% of persons over 85 need care of some sort.
- By 2020 over 460,000 Australians will be beneficiaries under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- Over 340,000 Australians are living with dementia, this will grow to 900,000 by 2050.
The Right at Home franchise program offers you one of the most comprehensive packages available in the industry, including:
- Large protected territories.
- Comprehensive initial and ongoing training, and time saving vendor relationships and national contractual relationships. Our training takes place at our Australian Head Office in Brisbane and our International Head Office in Omaha Nebraska.
- Approved Provider status under the Aged Care Act (1997) – Right at Home has the accreditation needed to provide care to people on Government Funded Home Care Packages. This accreditation can be extended to new franchise offices opening anywhere in Australia. By early 2017, Right at Home will also be accredited to deliver services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme. These two government funding streams offer enormous opportunities for new franchise owners.
- A service offering that is needed much by older Australians and people living with disabilities, but also private hospitals and health insurance funds. These include services to people who support themselves and those people on government supported packages.
- Relevant, customised franchise support that is focused on providing excellent client care, as well as franchise profitability. Our franchise support is provided 24/7.
- Executive team leadership with extensive nursing and home care experience to guide you.
- An opening timeline that averages just over 90 days from contract signing to business opening.
- A fulfilling opportunity to grow a business while providing a much-needed service to your community.
Like all business ventures, a Right at Home franchise requires an investment in time as well as a financial investment.
Our Initial Franchise Fee is $100,000 which includes training, systems and procedures, and the rollout of our 18-month RightStart program. We estimate that our new owners would need an additional $70,000 in setup costs including the recruitment of care management staff. Working capital will be required during the early stages of the business and advice should be sought from your accountant or business adviser as to the amount needed.
Are you a good fit for this business?
Experience in the Home Care industry is not a prerequisite. We would like to train our franchise owners in all aspects of the business and how we do things. We are looking for franchise owners that are;
- Highly motivated and have a strong desire and passion to be successful in a home care business looking after others
- Have personal experience in running their own business or a management role managing staff
- The right Attitude to go the extra mile for your clients
- Resilience – this is a tough industry
- Confidence, enthusiasm and passion for selling home care support
- The ability to motivate others
- A quick learner and be able to pass skills and knowledge on to their team.
There is no perfect age, gender or marital status that will guarantee success.
Success is much more about attitude than it is about your education or past experience.
Opportunities also available in various surrounding areas.